At the heart of our association are our 4 impact areas.
Developed and delivered collaboratively, they are a collective call to action for our members:
Organisational sustainability & governance
Strengthening our organisational capability & capacity to deliver on our goals.
- Evolve our leadership and governance to maximise outcomes
for women in our region.
- Ensuring that we are financially strong and sustainable.
- Ensure that operational structure allows for delivery
- Develop relationships with partner & sponsor organisations
that mutually benefit and promote sustainability.
- Ensure membership growth to support ongoing viability and
responsibility is understood, tracked and reflected upon.
Brand & storytelling
To build and strengthen the profile of WiBMP, women-led
business and community leaders
- Publicising the role of female led small and
- Profiling local business to locals and visitors to
activate community spending and support for local
- Sharing member stories, paths and impact roles in the
community (including qualitative and quantitative info).
- Recognising and celebrating the achievements of local
Research & advocacy
To better understand and advocate for the unique opportunities
and challenges facing female business & community leaders
- Develop and nurture relationships with government and
local bodies for information sharing, resource attraction
and developing opportunities for member businesses
- Developing, sharing and utilising research that qualifies
and quantifies our challenges, value and successes.
- Influence through research, advocacy & collaborations.
- Empowering partners, communities and stakeholders
to support actions for women-led businesses and
Business & individual capacity building
To empower the development and growth of our members
and their businesses / organisations
- Enabling women to progress career choice and growth
on the MP.
- Addressing barriers, attracting and retaining local talent
- Enabling businesses to start and remain on the Peninsula
- Supporting and promoting women into leadership roles
- Collaboration and advocacy to move through the barriers
facing women-led businesses.